Sunday 1 November 2015

Let's Create Dabble Day

Well I have a had a fantastic day at Tattershall today. Mum and I decided to go to the dabble day which was organised by the owners of Let's create shop Mark and Jo Channon.

There were four different projects to complete during the day, lunch was provided with plenty of homemade yummy things and in the afternoon we had afternoon tea with cakes!

The first project we did was a gift card. We did this project with Caroline Whatling. I really enjoyed learning the inking techniques on this project. Here is my finished card.




We then made this fabulous candle holder with Jo Channon. I loved this as it would be cheap to make for Christmas presents but looks really effective. I will definitely be making more of these.




These pictures really don't do this justice! The images came a lot richer once the glue was dry.

After lunch we made a card using Tattered Lace Dies with Lizzy Curtis. My Mum loved using the baby blue die cutting machine and I think I will be seeing one in her craft room very soon!


After afternoon tea we did our final project with Antony Minnis and Samantha Thompson from Pinflair. I have never made anything like this but I loved it. I will be definitely making more MDF projects in the future. We used candle wax as a resist and then stamped over the top, just brilliant. Here is my finished sleigh.




As you can see I have made some lovely things and have had a fantastic day.




Thank you to everyone who was involved  it was brilliant and we will be back in April for the next one. 

Thanks for reading
Tracy
x








No comments:

Post a Comment