Saturday 13 September 2014

Wainfleet Horticultural Show

Today was the Wainfleet Horticultural show. My Grandma has been a member since it first began so I try and put a few entries in for her really. My Mum also puts some bits in so we have a little competition between ourselves which is always fun.
These were my entries for this year. A handmade Christmas cracker, A knitted child's hat, A Christmas card, Ginger cake, Victorian Sandwich and flapjack. I made three Christmas cards. I thought I would see what would happen with less traditional cards so made two box cards.





I did really well and was really pleased with myself. The modern twist on the box cards didn't pay off and I wasn't placed, so next year I will keep with tradition.















To my amazement at the prize giving I was awarded a trophy for most points received in the Home craft section!!!


By the way my Mum was placed 1st in the Christmas Card section using her Phill Martin stamps.
(I did think it would win but watch out next year Mum lol x )



No comments:

Post a Comment